This is the fourth in a series of NetApp training videos which accompany my ‘How to Build a NetApp ONTAP 9 Lab… for Free‘ eBook. The videos show me following along with the step by step instructions in the book as I build the lab on my laptop.
And you can get the entire video series here.
The video explains how to install and configure our first NetApp ONTAP simulator node, Cluster 1 Node 1.
The steps to build the simulator are:
- Download the simulator from the NetApp website.
- Import the simulator OVA file into VMware.
- Add additional network adapters for connectivity to all our subnets.
- Assign the network adapters to the correct VMnet networks.
- Boot the simulator and factory reset.
- Run the Cluster Setup Wizard and configure basic settings and management connectivity.
- Add additional disk space and virtual SSD’s.
- Resize and cleanup the system volume.
I am happy to say that I have passed the NetApp NCDA exam. Your video course was very informative to understand how NetApp works. I have practiced a lot in my lab and that led me to get a NetApp job. Without your course I would not be here so a big thank you goes to you. I could not have done it without your course.