Complete free course on Cloud Computing. Everything you need to know about IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Public Cloud, Private Cloud, Hybrid Cloud and the different providers – Fast!
The 2nd top hit for ‘Cloud Computing’ on Google says ‘Cloud computing is a general term for the delivery of hosted services over the internet.’ Unfortunately, that definition is completely wrong.
My ‘Practical Introduction to Cloud Computing’ course is designed to clear up the many misunderstandings about Cloud Computing and to give you a crystal clear and easy to understand explanation of exactly what it is, how it works, the different options available, the advantages provided and how much it’s going to cost.
And I don’t just going to give you the theory, I show you practical examples which you can follow along with yourself so you’ll understand exactly how Cloud Computing works in the real world.
I start off with a review in Module 1 of the traditional deployment models of On Premises and Colo so you can understand how Cloud changes things, then explain how server virtualisation revolutionised data center design and paved the way for Cloud.
Module 2 defines Cloud Computing by listing the Essential Characteristics of Cloud services.
You’ll learn about the Cloud Service Models of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and XaaS in Module 3. I start with an overview of the different models and then dive deep into the details and options of each. I also give lab demos of how to deploy each type.
The Cloud Deployment Models of Public Cloud, Private Cloud, Hybrid Cloud and Community Cloud are covered in Module 4.
Finally in Module 5 I list out the advantages of Cloud Computing and then break out a spreadsheet to show you how to do a TCO cost comparison when choosing between an On Premise or Cloud deployment for a real world workload.
Thank you for taking the time to read about the course. I hope you now have enough motivation to get into the learning right away.
Module 1: A (Very) Brief History of Traditional IT Deployments
- Traditional IT Deployment Models – On Prem and Colo
- Server Virtualization Simplified
- Traditional IT Deployments Quiz
Module 2: Defining Cloud – Essential Characteristics
- Defining Cloud Computing
- On-Demand Self-Service
- Rapid Elasticity
- Broad Network Access
- Resource Pooling
- Measured Service
- Cloud Essential Characteristics Quiz
Module 3: Cloud Service Models – IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Cloud Service Models Overview
- IaaS – Infrastructure as a Service
- IaaS Design Example
- PaaS – Platform as a Service
- SaaS – Software as a Service
- XaaS – Anything as a Service
- Service Models Quiz
Module 4: Cloud Deployment Models – Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud
- Cloud Deployment Models – Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud
- Cloud Deployment Models Quiz
Module 5: Advantages of Cloud Computing and Calculating TCO
- Advantages of Cloud Computing and Calculating TCO
- Advantages of Cloud Computing Quiz
What will you be able to do after taking this course?
- Accurately define what Cloud Computing is and is not
- Understand how Cloud Computing differs from traditional IT deployment models
- Understand the building blocks of Cloud Computing
- Define IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and XaaS and understand how they differ from each other
- Understand the IaaS options including virtual machines on shared physical servers, virtual machines on dedicated servers, and dedicated bare-metal servers
- Deploy a virtual machine on Amazon Web Services IaaS
- Deploy an application on IBM Bluemix PaaS
- Give examples of SaaS services they have already signed up for
- List the advantages of Cloud Computing over traditional deployment models
- Perform a TCO cost comparison between an On Premises or Cloud deployment for a real world IT workload