NetApp ONTAP 9 Lab – Add a Second Cluster
This is the sixth in a series of NetApp training videos which accompany my ‘How to Build a NetApp ONTAP 9 Lab… for Free‘ eBook. The videos show me following along with the step by step instructions in the book as I build the lab on my laptop.
And you can get the entire video series here.
The video explains how to install and configure our second NetApp ONTAP simulator cluster.
The steps to build the simulator are:
- Download the simulator from the NetApp website.
- Import the simulator OVA file into VMware.
- Add additional network adapters for connectivity to all our subnets.
- Assign the network adapters to the correct VMnet networks.
- Boot the simulator and factory reset.
- Run the Cluster Setup Wizard and configure basic settings and management connectivity.
- Resize and cleanup the system volume.